Friday, January 25, 2013

PUTTING ON THE DRESS...MY NIECE WOULD NOT

Whoever said little girls love all things frilly, glliterry and dressy must meet my adorable 4 year old niece Omolemo. She is not at all a tomboy but loves running around and kicking the ball with my nephews Onke and Samukelo. This is only because they are not that far older than her. Omolemo loves her pants, leggings and shorts. She has no issues with girly T-shirts with girly cartoons and motifs but a dress is an absolute NO for her.

I made a creame white girly dress with a touch of shimmer or glitter on the overlaying lace and a little flower motif for my other niece Mpumi. Mpumi was too far to fit the dress when I made it so her mom who's my sister said it would be small her. She said I must give it to Omolemo. I thought my mother-in-law was joking when she told me Omolemo will not put on a dress. I showed the dress to Omolemo and she opened her beautiful big eyes wide and plainly refused to wear it.


We tried to convince her how beautiful she would look and the baby girl would not budge. In order to make her agree to it we made her best friend Onke who is a six years old boy to try it on. "No don't start with cross-dressing statements. We pray for our children and my brother grew up playing dress up with us and he was ok." Omolemo was not sold on the dress until I showed her a Seshoeshoe kiddies jumpsuit. A huge smile shone on her face! She immediately stood up to put it on without hesitation. She was so excited and posed and modelled for us. She was so excited about the dungarees she forgot she hates dresses and did not mind trying on the dress. You should have seen how she enjoyed the dress on her. She even posed like a model, a side I have never seen of my niece. She even sat on the couch like a girl.

Look at those big beautiful eyes and smile



She then put on the dress






Please note that we could not make Omolemo take off the clothes she was wearing to try on these clothes. So please look at the dress as if you cannot see the black long sleeve top.

And then the girl came out and posed!! I hope she comes through for our wedding as a flowergir





No comments: