Saturday, January 18, 2014

A JOY TO SERVE THIS BRIDE AND GROOM






 
If clients are easy Seanokeng Makgala and the man who married her. Martin were the most easiest and calm clients I have ever served.They placed their orders, brought their wedding entourage all the way from Rusternburg in the Northwest for measurements and paid alltheir deposits in time.

When I met Seanokeng I was already expecting our first child with my husband Paul. I was not yet showing cos it was in the early days. Seanokeng or Seya as she lets people call her first ordered a dress for her lobola negotiations (this is when the groom's family and bride's family meet and discuss money for the daughter's hand in marriage. Well she had since promised to send me a picture of herself in the dress for my portfolio. When she came for her dress I was now showing. i thought she would panick as I had so much work ahead of me and her wedding was going to be in my last trimester. She did not. Intead she was happy and supportive.

Bride's Dress and Bridegroom's shirt and pants
Fas-forward.....Seanokeng and Martin wanted an African print fabric for their traditional wedding attires for themselves and their entourage. We agreed on three-quater pants for the three groomsmen and long ones for the groom and all in the same print. The four bridesmaids chose differny peplum two-piece otfits (skirt and top) in the print similar to the groomsmen's pants. The bride's dress was a differen colour and patern.



Maid of Honour's Peplum Skirt plus Peplum Top and Bridegrooms Two piece


Bridesmaids in Traditional Graments

I also had to design and make the bridesmaids' first dresses which were turquiose in colour. Seanokeng had already chosen the patterm and we all agreed on it until a month or 3 weeks before the wedding. She also broght two of her flowergirls for me to make dresses for them. A 4 years old and a 6 yeras old girl. The mission of Seya's order was finding the perfect turquoise fabric for her bridesmaids and a different shade or fabric for the little girls. 



Bridesmaids

Seya's wedding was my last wedding order for 2013. I was exhausted from the last two weddings which were one after the other and I was now very pregnant. For the first time ever in my 23 years of designbing for clients I got an assistant. This young man was really God-sent because he came daily on time and left at the same time daily, I managed to complete 15 garments which I made of 27 pieces (skirts, tops, belts, etc)


Flowergirls


The ladies came for their firts and only fittings coming all the way from the NorthWest. Everyone was happy.I was working overtime even after my assistant left but this time i didn't have to work until 12pm. Seya never called me and panicked instead she was calm and told me she will come when I am done. Fortunateli on the last day, which was the day before the wedding, she needed where she can do her hair and nails. How blessed was this that my friend Florina (Flawless Flo) is a mobile/self-employed hair and nail technician who lives in my neighbourhood. So while Florina was doing Seya's hair and nails I got to be done. This gave me ample time to do the last touches on the garments. Never did I get a call from Seanokeng asking me how far was I with completing.

The Bridal Party

Despite them loosing R3500 worth of shoes, getting their garments on the last day and the bride's wedding gown last the young couple never blew off steam. Seanokeng even gave me he beautiful bracelet watch. The day of the wedding day dawned and the couple was very beautiful, Their wedding was perfectly done,
Here Comes The Bride in Nubian Queen Wedding gown


Thank you Seanokeng an Martin and thank you for sending me the photos as and when you could, God bless you two and your family.



No comments: